RDA was recently appointed by Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to create a new multi-functional restaurant.
RDA’s team of designers worked with the hospital to transform an outdated café into the new restaurant now known as the “Retreat @ The Royal.”
Installation involved considerable re-modelling as well as the removal of equipment from the existing cafe. RDA installed
- refrigeration – upright and undercounter units by Williams,
- high quality spec servery and shopfitted units from Storer Refrigeration,
- Custom booth seating via Sitraben,
- a King Edward Potato Oven,
- Merrychef Oven
- Valera Microwave.
High street look and feel
The result is a fresh and contemporary space. The new restaurant includes
- a staff & visitor dining area,
- modern cafeteria service,
- soft seating,
- private meeting rooms,
- new pendant lighting,
- wall graphics to give that high street look and feel.
Ian Summers, Estates Project Manager said: ‘’I am delighted with the new restaurant as it brings a touch of the high street to our hospital. RDA’s guidance and support has been second to none from the initial design planning right through to project management and installation. Most importantly, we now have a restaurant to be proud of for all of our patients, staff and visitors to enjoy.”